Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Light the World on Fire



At church on Saturday, everyone was told to 'Light the World on Fire.' To spread God around the world, to receive an encounter with God, become an encounter, and share that encounter with someone else. And a Hebrew word was used that's stuck with me. The Hebrew word for receive is nah'al and when I searched this word up online I got several different results...
to lead or guide to a watering place, bring to a place of rest, refresh
Fighting Pioneer Youth
and what the Pastor said was,"Grasping onto something, taking hold of something..." and I guess all of the definitions make sense...when you're on fire for God, it's not like anything else. It's new...it's peaceful and refreshing...and when you're with God, you're a child at heart: Someone who can freely love, without really thinking about it. And as a child of God, we're fighting to spread Him around, to ignite the rest of the world on fire...to kindle the fire.


To me, Lighting the World on Fire means letting the Holy Spirit work through you, so others can see who Christ is through you...spreading the flame of God all throughout the world...And from there, hopefully it can be spread by them, too. Many a time, people will be on fire for God...but they'll be so into the moment, they'll forget that what people need most is God...He should be shared so that others can feel the most amazing things that you do. So that His love can be spread all over the world; the love so amazing that it sets people's souls on fire for Him. I don't know about you, but I think that's some pretty amazing stuff.
So yeah, it's great to experience God, nothing else is like it. But what about those other people that are in the world that need to experience Him too? He needs to be shared, spread, shown to everyone, because everyone deserves to feel His love.

3 comments:

  1. Wow Amanda! That is so true! I definitely agree with you that everyone deserves His love. I'm so glad to hear how passionate you are about being on fire, but not just for the moment, but our souls set on an unquenchable fire. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, we are teaching you guys about this stuff so that we are positioned to go into the world and do it in the dark places. I'm not sure that most of the youth really get it just yet- it's not about us, it's about Him. I was listening to a sermon by Bill Johnson who often speaks of, "Reflecting and deflecting". Reflecting (looking like Jesus and doing what He is saying) and deflecting (giving Him all the glory when He's done something amazing through us).

    You get this concept. It's time to start renewing your mind about what He is saying and pray about the dark place He is sending you to... LIGHT IT UP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely. :) I mean, Passion for God shouldn't be an 'in-the-moment' thing only. He wants us to live our lives loving Him and loving others. It shouldn't have to be something that comes and goes, but lasts forever, like His love for us. He's the greatest role-model we can have. :P

    ReplyDelete