Monday, March 28, 2011

That 'Special Someone'

You know, guys tend to be a really heavy topic on my mind a lot of the time. And I'm pretty positive that I'm not the only one...and I always wonder how guys can feel like girls are the complicated ones. I mean sure, girls are capable of emotions and most girls cause themselves more drama then they can ever handle, but they're the ones who make us think they're going to 'make a move' and then never do. Or they act one way around you, but by the time next week rolls around, they're a completely different person, which makes you wonder if they were ever interested in you at all...
Girls have standards for guys, sure...but in the end, how many of them really matter? I mean I'd love to get a guy who will actually listen to me when I talk to them, someone who can love me (even on my off days), someone who's handsome, can make me laugh, can make me fall for them over and over again by being sweet and romantic, and enjoys a lot of the same things that I enjoy myself.
But maybe in the future, those 'expectations' won't matter because when you find the one you're supposed to be with, maybe they're completely different from who you thought they would be. However, you shouldn't fight against that...you should be happy that there's someone that's meant to be with you.
I gotta say, one of the reasons I really hate movies, is they always have the same kind of romance in it. Either, the guy likes the girl but the girl doesn't like him, but in the end they'll fall in love. Or there's a couple that gets into some kind of argument or predicament and ends up saying,"I'm not gonna be with you anymore!" But then in the next thirty minutes, they're back together. Then again, they are movies...but they do make you wonder. Will love be like how it is in the movies? Will it be better? Will it be completely different? Will there be a 'fairytale' ending to the story? I know I think too much...but this has been on my mind for a really long time, so I decided to blog about it.
I've prayed to God, asking Him if there's someone out there for me. And I've prayed about whether or not I'm even ready for a relationship or not. So far, I haven't gotten much...so I'm assuming it's not something I really need to be worrying about right now in my time of life...but I still can't help but wonder about things. Like how (at least in every relationship I've been in) when you're with someone, it's going great, but then someone gets doubts about things...and from there it just goes downhill. When do you find out they're the one worth fighting for? Or that they're going to fight to keep you, too? I mean, when is it really worth it?


This is what I've come up with:
First of all, just because you don't find that 'special someone' in Highschool or College, doesn't mean that it's the end of the world. 'There's plenty of fish in the sea,' as some might say. But seriously, most Highschool relationships don't last anyways, so why worry about them when there's so much more you could be focusing on? Besides, it gets rid of so much unwanted drama for so many people that just make lives complicated, and nobody likes that.
Second of all, God has a plan. For you, for me, for everyone. He knows when that special person will walk into our lives, and when the time is right, we'll know when we're supposed to be worrying about it, God will make sure of that.
And finally, I think when someone is worth fighting for, you'll know, because they're willing to fight for you in return.

2 comments:

  1. So far in my limited experience, the best is when you don't have to do any fighting at all, and things just flow. Maybe life isn't like the movies, but I think it's a lot better. It's a really wonderful thing to have someone who you don't even need to worry about how they will see you the next day and who you can enjoy being around no matter what your mood is. Maybe God hasn't put anyone 'for you' in your path yet, but he has provided you with practice runs for when it does happen. But you're also young, and things that seem so so so important now in a few years will really seem silly. Don't worry so much about things like love and relationships right now. Just enjoy being young! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly! And, believe it or not, that's kind of my mind-set right now. I've got my whole life ahead of me, and when the time comes for a relationship, the time will come. I don't necessarily have to think about them right now, which is good because there's other things to life than just relationships. And it's so true, there's things that seem to be so dramatic at the time, but looking back on it it all seems so little. :P
    And thank you. :) You've given me new things to think about.

    ReplyDelete