I love days like today. Fantastic, never-ending days that seem to take forever, but you don't care because everything seems to be 'in place' and good. Today was good. It's like a day that I can sit down on the couch at home, take a deep breath, smile, look back on the day and say, "Yeah, today was good. Today was really good." But days like today, they don't come very often. This is the first time I've had a really exciting, good day, in an excruciatingly long amount of time. But hey, eventually it came, and I enjoyed every second of it.
Maybe that's why I enjoy doing things like the musical, because I get days like today a lot more often. It's the social interaction between other people that we crave...and on days like today, that's exactly what I got. At the same time, I felt good about myself, I felt proud of things I had achieved, and I didn't want it to end. But, of course, it has to....
I'm not sure where exactly I'm going with this, but my fingers are moving and thoughts are moving through my fingertips, and this is what's coming out.
Sometimes, I really love people. Sometimes, I really love what people do. Sometimes, I really love what I do with people. Today was a day where I could sit back, relax, and enjoy every second because everything seemed to be going my way.
But why can't every day be like this? Why can't every day be fun and exciting and a great social experience? Blah. I wish. I so wish.
There are some people that say things like "If you believe you're going to have a good day, then you're going to have a good day!" But...I don't really think that's the case. Cause I've tried, believing that it was going to be a great day, truly believing, and it could end up anything but.
You know what I did last night? I read my Bible. It's strange...I said in my sermon, that I wrote awhile ago, that reading the Bible is good meditation time and stuff...and it is, but I also mentioned how it just made me feel better about myself and the things going on around me in general? Well...here's my evidence...at least as much evidence as I could grasp from this.
I have been stuck in strange emotions for the longest time, kind of drifting away from everything I once held on to, not really sure of what to think about current situations, or what emotions were coursing throughout me...everything has seemed meshed up and confused, and I haven't been willing to do anything. Especially not anything that makes me uncomfortable.
But last night I read the Bible, and this morning, I felt great. This day has been fantastic, and I've had this feeling of happiness cling to me all day. I can't explain it. So, that's what I believe...and isn't it just a coincidence that I mentioned earlier that the Bible makes me feel better in general? It's just...so insane to think about.
I feel like I'm ready to do something that I haven't ever really done before, too. I just hope that when the moment comes, I don't chicken out on whatever it is. I can't explain that, either. But I feel like something is coming, and that it's coming fast.
No comments:
Post a Comment