As some of you may know, I have had this blog now, for about a year. And I would just like to take a moment to say: "What a year it has been..." There have been ups and downs, lefts and rights...but we've all made it through (I hope.) And it's about time for those New Year Resolutions again.
However, before I get into that, I would like to say "thanks." Without viewers, followers, etc. etc. I would not be blogging today. I thoroughly enjoy the feedback I receive from my viewers, and the encouragement that I get from my friends, family members, etc. etc.
I am being completely honest when I say I never expected to make it to a thousand views, and Lo and behold, the views have been there and beyond. So again, thank you. It wouldn't be possible without you, after all.
Anywhoo...Christmas is in three days (almost two), and it's...exciting I suppose. :P I've gotten to that age when it doesn't really seem to be as...magical, as it once did. Although I do say I can't wait until I can be Santy Claus for my own children...though that can wait. For now.
It's always fun to be able to reunite with the family, decorate the house, the tree, make those last-minute shopping trips to the mall for presents, make cookies, and eat the Christmas 'feast' with the family. They're all good times. And it's always what I look forward to on Christmas. Because those are always the most memorable moments. It's not always the gifts (how cliche, right?). But I'm serious. The things I remember about all my Christmases were staying up really late, anticipating what could appear, or what I might hear. It was waking up at the crack of dawn and then opening the presents in my stocking by my bed, but first discussing with my sister what she got. Then, it's waking up our parents and eating cinammon roles. It's fighting over who gets to wear the Santa hat and pass out all the presents. It's watching A Christmas Story, and hanging out with the family.
There are Christmases, where I'm telling friends what I got, but I can't remember the half of things that were wrapped under the tree, because to me, it's not about the presents. They're nice, yes. They're wonderful. But the best memories, are from the feelings I recieved with all the Christmas 'rituals' I suppose you could call them, but they were nothing planned.
And for me, that's what it will always be about. I suppose when I was younger, it really was about the gifts...but now that I'm older and don't really mind as much about what I should get, I can see clearly that it's not about presents.
We live in such a material world. Sometimes it sickens me. But I know there's nothing I can do to change it. There's nothing anyone could ever do to change it, really. But it's always good to look back on those moments that you love, and hold them close to your heart, rather then get sucked into what people expect you to feel, or how people expect you to react during the Holiday Season. Just enjoy your time with your family, because it really is a special time...
Now how about those New Year Resolutions?
Mine have got to be... 1. Enjoy life- look to the positive things rather than the negative. 2. Relax- Just sit down from time to time and take a few deep breaths before moving on to the next thing. I get so overwhelmed sometimes that I scare myself. 3. Finish at least 10 books- Heck, I may have done that this year, but books are good and I don't want to stop reading. That's probably about all I can think of for myself. But, what about you? What are your New Year Resolutions?
No comments:
Post a Comment