Monday, September 17, 2012

The College Life

It's a lot of what you make of it. The decisions you make can depend on what you feel like doing. It's so strange being so independent. I guess I've been more independent than a lot of people I know anyways, making conscious decisions for myself and the like, but it's still weird to just know that I'm here because I decided to come here. I'm here, because it's what I wanted to do. I'm here, making my own decisions every day, for myself. It's strange. I mean for goodness sake, I could decide not to go to class every day. I would never do that, but still. I could choose not to.
I just have to take this moment to thank my parents for raising me in an environment were I could choose good morals over not-so-great ones. I'm happy with the decisions I make for myself, and I'm happy with the morals I've created for myself to live by.

Anyways...

Life here is pretty routine, just like any life of someone who attends school. I have Algebra and Chamber Singers ever Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I have French every Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. I have Dramatic Literature, Writing, and Ballet every Tuesday and Thursday. It's a great schedule. It's a fantastic schedule. I'm happy with it. College is definitely different in the way of scheduling events. Sometimes things are in the middle of the day, even though you might have class. You can either attend or you can't. You have to make the decisions of what clubs or organizations you want to be part of, and then meetings are held whenever they can. It's strange trying to keep everything organized, because now I can't just remember everything in my head like I could at highschool. In highschool, the schedule made sense because everyone had the same schedule. Now, it's a little different.

I do enjoy my classes. I actually, just this weekend, went on my first field trip to see Three Tall Women with my Dramatic Literature class and it was pretty fun. I'm actually able to grasp the concept of Algebra, I'm doing well in Writing, I'm understanding French, and Ballet is a blast! I can never remember that I'm only taking Semester classes though, and that it's all going to go by so fast. I think, "Oh, I don't have to worry about any exams until the end of the year! Wait..."

I think the best part about College here at Cottey is being able to meet some wonderful people. There are so many open opportunities to take part and get involved, and the people involved in these activities and clubs are awesome. Just today I went to a SAC (Student Activities Council) meeting and hung out with awesome girls while discussing possible decorations for the "NEON RAVE" dance that's coming up this Saturday. We even made some posters to hang up around the campus. So many people here are just so caring, and willing to meet you, and it's so great to discover all these different perspectives and knowledge from people I never would have known to meet in my life. It's just a cool concept.

2 comments:

  1. Proud of you Amanda. You've come a long ways from that girl who was so anxious about going to college that she delayed even applying to any colleges until the very last minute. Keep on growing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank yooouuu! It's not as bad as I was anticipating. :P

    ReplyDelete