Have you ever had one of those days, where everything seems to be falling apart; where everything that could possibly go wrong, is going wrong?
I had one of those days, just this past weekend, actually, and I had a lot of time to think about what happened to me that day...
Looking back, it doesn't seem like that big of a deal, but at the time, it seemed like my whole world was crashing down on me. It sounds so silly when I explain it now, but here goes, my horrible day:
I slept in late, missing the rummage sale I was supposed to work for, losing the money I could've earned to make it to my next Mission Trip. My mom woke me up at 9:28. In two minutes, I had to be at the Highschool reviewing for AP U.S. History stuff. I got to the school, late, and was exhausted from working on Drama stuff pretty late the night before. During the review session, we took a practice multiple choice exam since the real thing is coming up in a month, and I did absolutely horrible on it. Again. So, that really freaked me out about the whole, taking a huge exam next month that could cost me college credits. I also had to go home and work on homework that I needed to do some catching up on, and on top of it all, my head hurt like no other.
Everything seemed to be tearing me down. I wasn't too happy about any of it occuring, which in turn, made me really upset throughout the day. Now don't worry, I'm getting to my point...
Later that evening, I had the choice, of whether I wanted to go to church or not. I went, but I didn't really expect anything 'good' to happen, since my whole day had sucked already; I wasn't sure if I could take anymore, but I went for it. When I first got there, my mood didn't get much better, and during worship, I definitely wasn't enthusiastic about anything...and in the atmosphere there, something just felt...off.
The pastor took the microphone and stopped the worship for a brief time and he said,"Every day, you're living a battle. I know the worship in this room is going to change in about the next 45 seconds because we're gonna pray to God that we want to reach out to Him, and that the Devil can't drag us down." And from that point on, I kinda had this...hope, I guess you could say. I thought,"You know what? He's right. The Devil has worked his way into my life right now, and I don't want to have it. This is gonna change." and it did. Some people prayed over me, and when they did, I felt pressure from my body being lifted, and I felt light and wonderful, like there was nothing dragging me down from reaching my God anymore. Someone even approached me and told me that God was waiting for me, that He was there, awaiting my return to Him.
That night, after an incredibly long, suckish day, I won my battle. It wasn't easy, but I was able to fight off all my negative thoughts of not wanting to contact God and be there to worship Him, and do exactly that: worship Him.
No comments:
Post a Comment