Sunday, August 14, 2011

And Something Clicked in My Mind.

I CAN'T BLAME MYSELF FOR SOMEONE ELSE'S SINS.
Thank you Sterling, for making my mind click when you said this.

I realize it's what I've been facing for months. And I know I'd been told by other people, what he does isn't my problem, because I'm not the one doing it, and I can't control what he does...but he was still doing it...and I continued to blame myself, because I was supposed to be his friend...I was supposed to protect him from things like that...

But I know it's in the past now, and I've given it up. I can't linger on what's been done, but what can or will be done. Maybe I couldn't stop him from making those decisions for himself, but I can pray for him. I tried to tell him about Christ, and he wouldn't go for it. But I can still pray for him. And right now, I think that's all I can do. Because he's the one that makes the decisions in his life. He's the one controlling it, not me. And it's for him to decide what he thinks is best for himself. Not me. I can't change what he's done, or doing. But I can hope. And I can hope for the best. Because through God, anything is possible.

2 comments:

  1. I just read this. Glad to hear that I'm not just blabbing on and on, but that what I've heard from The Lord touches hearts- yours is a big one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I listen! There are always new things to laern. Especially things like this, that really stick.
    :) Thanks.

    ReplyDelete