Monday, December 27, 2010

Beauty

Dove Evolution

I think that video says it all...
What defines beauty? I mean, people distort it into so many different things...maybe we don't know what it actually means anymore?
Here's a dictionary reference:
–noun, plural -ties.
1.
the quality present in a thing or person that gives intense pleasure or deep satisfaction to the mind, whether arising from sensory manifestations (as shape, color, sound, etc.), a meaningful design or pattern, or something else (as a personality in which high spiritual qualities are manifest).
There you have it. Beauty. But I think what the world does with it today has distorted it so much that now we have to have a certain goal to what beauty should be...
I myself feel like I have to struggle with my self-beauty to keep up with the rest of the world. I feel like I'm judged if I'm not beautiful enough, or people don't see me as beautiful as them, so I just don't fit in because I'm different, or have a different beauty.
I feel like a lot of it has to do especially with clothes.
If someone doesn't have the right brand of clothes, the right 'style' of clothes, then they shouldn't, or don't fit in. Or that's the way it seems anyways. People put a label on everything and things have to be a certain way to get a certain label.
I know, I shouldn't worry about stuff like this but it crosses my mind at least twice a day. It's just something I can't help but be subconciously aware of, especially when I get that sneering glare from the girl across the room that I've never even talked to before. I mean, who are they to judge who I am by my looks?
As for myself, I don't really pay attention to what brands are 'hot' or what style of clothes are in, although I will admit that mine are a little outdated since I've had them for a number of years. But over time, I'll buy new clothes that I like to wear for myself.
Why it matters, that I'm bringing all this up, is something you might be wondering about. I just feel the need to put out there that God doesn't care for what clothes people wear, how people dress up to suit other people, or themselves. God cares for you, for you. He doesn't care what you look like, or what you act like, or how you dress. It matters to him that you love him, and everyone around you, like a neighbor and friend, whether their different or not. God finds beauty in our hearts, not our looks. And that to me, is something that could never compare with a snooty girl glaring at me from across the room because I don't 'fit in.'

No comments:

Post a Comment