Friday, December 17, 2010

Twists and Turns

::LIFE::
It's full of surprises, and a lot of times people claim they really hate it. I see life as an experience to learn everything you possibly can about yourself, about others, and about God. It's preparation for the actual life that awaits us in heaven. Without failures, successes, disappointments, praises, love, hate, worry, and peace, we wouldn't learn a thing. The process is painful sometimes but the reward in the end is well deserved; the greatest gift of all.


::FRIENDS::
What makes a friend, a friend? I've thought a whole lot about this question. It'll usually mull over my thoughts a few times a day. And I'm not really sure o know the answer to that question yet, but I hope I know it soon.
In the past I've thought of a friend who could be with you through it all, until the end. Someone who could help you when you were feeling down, someone to share all your secrets with, and to completely rely on for help with whatever problem you had. Now I'm beginning to think that friendship is meant to be so much more than just talk. Rather, it's more about an intimate bond with someone you know you could trust with your life, someone you can share your soul with, your life with...but then again, that sounds more like a lover than a friend. But isn't love friendship set on fire?


::ROMANCE::
Everyone has their fair share. Everyone wants their fair share. But what I want to know is how someone comes to realize they're in love. Does it feel like they describe it in all the fairytales? Is it really the most extraordinary thing in the world or is it just like any other relationship you've had with someone? I would hope it was different from past relationships, why would you want to spend the rest of your life with that 'special' person? But what makes you feel they're so special from any other guy or girl? How do you know you're feeling the magic?


::FAMILY::
Lots of people take family for granted. At least, most everybody I know does. There's a reason a family exists, and sure it can be overwhelming sometimes, maybe a lot of times, but believe it or not, family can really help with any problems you're having. Sometimes they're the only cure for my disasters and they can really make me feel spectacular when nothing else, or nobody else can. The greatest thing about family is that they're always there beside you (literally), which means easy access to getting help. I also know that when I can talk to my family (or friends) I can feel that connection between God and me through them.


::RELIGION::
God is a huge part of my life (obviously), but sometimes I have a hard time accepting it or being part of it how it is. I know that without God I would be left in the dark for a number of reasons. I know I can talk to him about any problems I have, and build a friendship with him that can never end, or never stop amazing me. I feel the presence of God throughout my daily life, whether it be through my teachers at school, my friends, my family, or that little bird I might hear singing somewhere up in a tree, hidden out of sight. My Youth pastor talks a lot about 'walking on water' with God. Getting up, getting out, and taking risks with my faith. And I find it extremely challenging. I have trouble even saying "Hey" to the person that might be sitting next to me, in which case I find it really challenging to express myself to people. And I think because of this, people aren't able to see me as I really am...but I want them to. So I know that when God is there, and I turn to him for help, he will never leave me hanging. He will always pull me through any rough patch that I'm going through, whether it's a petty mistake I make, or the most devastating thing in the world. He'll never let me down, because he knows I'm going somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment